Learn about scholarships and aid available to majors at the Dedman School of Hospitality.
- Students may begin applying Jan. 1 of each year.
- The Dedman School of Hospitality Scholarship Application and all required documents must be submitted by Feb. 28 to:
Alishia Piotrowski, Florida State University, Dedman School of Hospitality, 288 Champions Way, UCB 4107, Tallahassee, Florida 32306-2541
- The scholarship selection committee will review all applications submitted by the Feb. 29 deadline during March. Students will be notified on or before April 1st.
- An objective point system is applied and application information is independently verified.
- Students who submit false or inflated/exaggerated information will be automatically rejected for a scholarship, and counseled by the director of Dedman School of Hospitality.
- Applicants must be Hospitality Management & Tourism, Global Club Management & Leadership or PGA Golf Management majors in the Dedman School of Hospitality
- Must be enrolled in, or have completed, a minimum of two required courses
- Must have at least one semester (12 credit hours), not including summer, remaining after the Spring semester during which you are applying for a scholarship
- Minimum 3.0 grade point average
- Impressive industry/extra-curricular record
- Submission of a 300-500 word essay on "Why I need this scholarship to meet my career goals," a copy of your transcript (unofficial is acceptable) and an updated resume
- Have financial need (based on FAFSA application). NOTE: Submitting FAFSA form is not required but is recommended. Because many scholarships are based on demonstrating financial need, FAFSA verification may open additional opportunities for you. Submit only the Student Aid Report (SAR) page that includes your EFC.
- Properly submitted Dedman School of Hospitality Scholarship Application.
- Scholarship amounts will vary depending on the student’s qualifications and the scholarship sponsor.
- Full-year scholarships will be distributed in two installments, half in the fall semester and the other half in the spring semester.
Dedman School of Hospitality Scholarships
- American Hotel & Lodging Educational Foundation (Cecil B. Day) Scholarship
- Aramark Scholarship
- Ashby Stiff Undergraduate Scholarship
- Bessie Morgan Marshall Scholarship
- Charlie Hoare Scholarship
- Chris J. Kalfas Memorial Scholarship
- Davis Hospitality Administration Student Activity & Scholarship
- Dedman Endowment in Hospitality
- Don A. & Frances B. Veller Scholarship
- Fred A. Schmidt Memorial Scholarship
- Gabriel Brady/Gate Gourmet International Scholarship Fund
- Ian Trent Taylor Memorial Scholarship
- International Club Suppliers' Scholarship
- Iris D. Larson Hospitality Scholarship
- J. Willard Marriott Sr. Endowed Excellence Scholarship
- Jacksonville Seminole Club - Jay Abraham Scholarship
- John Carnaghi Scholarship
- John & Karen Culver Endowment for International Travel Support
- LaQuinta Award for Excellence
- Peter Albe Memorial Scholarship
- Robert J. Shelley Memorial Scholarship
- Ruby Tuesday Restaurants - James Bruce Wallace Memorial Scholarship
- The Sadden Family Foundation Scholarship
- Thomas A. Waits Undergraduate Scholarship
- The Villages Friends of FSU Scholarship
- Zuknick Morgan Family Scholarship
Below is a listing of links to scholarships available through individuals, organizations and company sponsors. Each scholarship will have their own requirements, deadlines and criteria for selection. Be sure to review the instructions carefully.
- American Hotel & Lodging Educational Fund
- Consolidated Food Service Scholarship
- The Florida Association of Destination Marketing Organizations Scholarship Fund
- Iris D. Lawson Hospitality Endowment - Student Scholarship (PDF)
- Iris D. Lawson Hospitality Endowment - Industry Service Award (PDF)
- Jacksonville Seminole Club - Jay Abraham Scholarship (PDF)
- James Brock Scholarship
- National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation